- I was told I could go back to work two weeks after having surgery. I have to say that I wasn't really feeling it until 2 1/2 weeks. I'm now finding myself being goofy like I was. I don't know if all my family is happy about that one. ;) I tend to be really goofy in the morning. Not everyone is ready for that. Travis is more the type of person that prefers to not be talked to until he's had his coffee. Are you a morning person?
- Mica's really into two bands right now: Queen and Led Zeppelin.
- Mica was telling my Dad (Grandpa) about Led Zeppelin. My parents aren't/weren't music seekers. There's a lot of bands they don't know about. Grandpa told Mica about The Righteous Brothers, and had him listen to that.
- Here's something really funny about Led Zeppelin when it comes to the boys: Robert Plant does a lot of "Ahhhs-ah's" in his music. The boys both say, "Ahhh-ah choo". Like Robert Plant needs to sneeze after his, "Ahhh-ah's". One sound he made, Isaak said, "I'm just waiting for him to get done grunting. He sounds like he needs to poop." *Insert eye roll.
- This weekend we're going to my cousin's lake property for my Grandpa's 91st birthday. Fancy right?! I was just told, "Bring life jackets if you want to have some lake fun." *Insert eye roll. As if this city girl has life jackets laying around. They made it sound like, if we didn't have them the boys couldn't participate in any water fun. No I don't want my boys to drown, but I also didn't want to go out and pay for life jackets either.
I feel a bit overwhelmed with big bills, and am seriously trying to watch my pennies! I don't want to buy things we may or may not ever use again. Maybe I'm just grumpy because 1/2 the time I still feel like doing nothing. I have my personality back, but I'm not motivated to go out of the house. Nor do I want my boys to loose out on fun with their cousins. I appreciated the lake idea, but was starting to wonder if just having it at a park would have been better. I really don't think my sister, or other cousin that have kids has life jackets either. I ask to have parties outside, and get a lot of negative responses from my family, so that bothered me too. Then I felt bad because my mind was being negative instead of positive. I should be happy my cousins are sharing their lake property with us.
He say's Bohemian Rhapsody is his favorite song. One day he kept singing it over and over again. I started singing it, but changing the lyrics to fit what Mica was doing. That's something I do often!
I just asked if anyone had life jackets to borrow for the weekend on facebook. It couldn't hurt - right? Well one girl who has an adult kid was happy to give up her kid life jackets. It all worked out. When our friend dropped them off, the boys were so excited! They wore their lifejackets all throughout their new favorite show, Just Add Magic. Do you have any new favorite shows?
I'd be irritated at the life jacket comment too. I have kayaks and paddle boards and bought extra life jackets to accommodate our guests. You would think living on a lake they would have extra life jackets for their guests too. Glad you were able to find some loaners though!
@Theresa they have some extras, but not as many as the amount of kids that will be there. I'm just grumpy in my tired, healing, old age self I guess. Ha!
Sounds like your raising Mica on good music! :)
I'm amused at the boys wearing life jackets while watching tv. I hated wearing them as a kid! At least you know they'll be safe when they get to the water.
That was smart to put the request out on Facebook. Glad you got an easy solution. I bet it's going to be fun. :)
Glad you are getting back into your old self :)
Isn't facebook great for things like that????
HOPE YALL HAD A GREAT TIME
Post a Comment