Perks: The hotel stay is cheep. Most are only $100 a night.
Negatives: Traffic is crappy bumper to bumper. It could be because it was Labor Day weekend. Most things are going to cost!
This is what we did:
- We spent an evening at Ripley's Believe It, or Not! Museum
- We spent most of a day at Silver Dollar City
- We spent another evening at Hamners' Unbelievable Magic and Variety Show
- We went hiking all one morning
- We got a family photo taken at TNT Old Time Photo
- We went swimming, and dipped in the hot tub
- We Stopped at Osceola Cheese
- We had lunch with our niece in Kansas City at Vietnam Cafe
- Go to a winery. One place had free tours, but were done giving tours by the time we got there at 5. They didn't close until 6. We were slightly sad about that. I've just never been in one. Is it bad when I wanted to go to a winery when Travis and I don't even drink?
- Go horseback riding. Yes it would have cost more. The boys have never been horseback riding, unless you count a horse that goes in circles horseback riding. Every place we called, wouldn't pick up, or were booked.
- Go go-kart riding. I could have cared less, but the boys would have loved to go.
Do you like to vacation at tourist trap type places, or someplace more scenic? I'm more of a scenic person, but I knew the kids would like all the activity.