- I had to go back on my every day inhaler when the flooding happened. I just was wheezing too much. I try not take it if I don't have to. The side effects suck. I'm tired, my skin feels itchy, my hands feel tingly, and my mouth is so dry. It hard to go off of it. It's a Steroid. My body wants to keep taking it. If I don't take it, I go back into a wheezing fit.
- Isaak got into the crappiest middle school, for the district. Omaha Public Schools is way different from the school district I went to. I had 1 middle school in District 66. Omaha Public Schools has 12! They have you fill out 3 choices, and a computer picks your choice. It happens a lot where it skips your choices all together, and picks the school closest to your home. In our case, the one closest to our home is pretty crappy. They've been in the news showcasing all their fights. Oh joy! We knew this could happen. We also know, for our empathetic son that it's not a good fit!
We filled out transfer papers, for him to get into the school district I went to. Chances are that he won't get into that district. They are already full. We won't find out until the middle of next month to know if he gets in, or not.
Today Travis took Isaak, and toured a school that's still in Omaha Public Schools, yet is out of our bussing range. We have to fill out transfer papers in April to have him go to the middle school of our choice. I think he'll get in, BUT it will suck because there's no bussing. Beveridge Middle School was remodeled 3 or so years ago. It's an art and theater magnet school. Why they need focus areas in middle school is beyond me. The school seems like Isaak's personality to a T. I wish I could have found a better shot of the building. There are 3D abstract people dancing around in the front.
- I think this is pretty cool - residents that don't have flooding problems, but their neighbor's do have signs on their mailboxes saying, "Water" and "Laundry". When the signs are up, people know it's a safe zone to get help with those things. I love how in times of need, people step it up.
- I had a student that's Mother passed away last semester. She had a clot in her brain. Now her family's home could possibly be one that's flooded. They live on a hill, so fingers crossed that it's ok. They haven't been able to go home to assess any damage that may have occurred.
- Isaak got something new that's common apparently. A tonsil stone AKA Tonsilloliths. They usually don't remove them. The best thing to do: Gargle with salt water or apple cider vinegar and water. It must have helped because it went away after a few days of gargling. It's food particles that collect after having a cold. Have you ever had a tonsil stone?
Mica's already talking about how the school Isaak wants to get in is his rival school. I said, "They can't be rivals when they are in the same school district."
Mica's school fits him to a T. He's such a science nerd. He goes to a science magnet school.