I had a chance to review Raw Organic Yacon Root Syrup. The thickness and color reminds me more of molasses, than traditional maple syrup.
I love that everything in it is certified naturally grown organic! The ingredients are grown in Yacon fields in the country of Peru. If you didn't know like me, Yacon is a plant. In fact it's 100% pure raw all natural Yacon Syrup. There is no added preservatives. It's bottled and tested in the FDA certified GMP facility in the USA.
It is low in calories, and low on the glycemic index scale. This is due to the fact that the sugar contains high levels of oligofructose (inulin), a form of sugar that is not metabolized readily by the human body. Yacon is a great alternative to conventional low calorie sweeteners. It's perfect for people that struggle with diabetes.
- 100% pure Yacon syrup has shown to assist in weight management.
- It increase fiber intake.
- It promotes good bowel function.
- It lowered blood sugar.
- It's a preventative to hyperglycemia.
- Restores renal activity.
- It is a powerful antioxidant.
- It is high it probiotics and prebiotics.
- This syrup contains up to 50% of FOS (fructooligosacharides). It has been found that consumption of FOS does not increase blood glucose, and helps boost your bodies metabolism.
- It is $18.97.
- It comes in an 8 ounce bottle. A little goes a long way!
- Can be used as a sweetener in beverages such as tea, coffee. Can be added to fruit salads, yogurt, pancakes.
I made No Bake Protein Bites with the Yacon Root Syrup. They were so good! My boys ate them right up. We've been eating a ton of greens with protein for every breakfast. Inside the smoothie is 1 peach, 1 banana, loads of kale, ice, water and orange juice. It was for all of us to split. An egg was added to their plates. The No Bake Protein Bites recipe can be downloaded as a PDF. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: The opinions on the post are my personal take on the product. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review.
Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds great!
I'm glad the no-bake bites came out so tasty! The syrup sounds good. I haven't used it before.
I haven't used this kind of syrup before, but it does sound good. We are trying more organic products, so this may have to go on the list!
I have never tried the Yacon syrup but I will try anything at least one time.
Post a Comment