I've been trying to stick to having no gluten in my diet. I'm not always 100% gluten-free, but I try. I've read that people with bad allergies (me) should try and stay away from gluten. Another reason to be gluten-free is people that have, or are at high risk for getting Celiac disease. It is a condition that damages the lining of the small intestine and prevents it from absorbing parts of food that are important for staying healthy.
Gluten is like glue in the stomach. I have to say that either the detox I'm taking, or me watching the foods I'm eating has really helped me in terms of stomach issues.
I do still have allergies. But I'm not taking any meds, and I'm better than I was last year - so far.
I was sent The Essential Gluten-Free Grocery Guide - 5th Edition Review by TriuphDining. *A $27.95 value. It's marked down to $24.95 right now. It is available on the App Store.
Don't let this little book fool you! It has a lot of information in it!
- You can find more than 44,000 brand-name and store-brand gluten-free products at grocery stores across the U.S.
- There is a color-coded system, which makes meal planning and finding your favorite foods easy.
- It's a 5th edition. I'm a teacher, and I know whenever there is editions the book is good enough to be on my shelf.
- There is 280 time-saving and budget-friendly pages.
- America's #1 Selling Gluten-Free grocery guide.
I think it's helpful for when you go on a trip, or any shopping experience really. I just mentioned a trip because I can for see traveling making it harder to pick out places to get foods that are safe to eat.
The book lists types of products, where you can get gluten-free products, and the brand name, so you can buy it.
Gluten is in a lot of things, it's even in things like condiments, sauces and dressings. It's a big problem for someone with Celiac disease.
The books process:
- Lets say I'm looking for Barbeque Sauce.
- I thumb through the book to find Condiments, Sauces and Dressings.
- The book has 55 places (if I counted right) to seek out to get gluten-free Barbeque Sauce.
- Underneath those places the book will tell you if you can get all their BBQ sauces, or specifically what you can get that's their gluten-free variety.
- I have a Hy-Vee grocery store in my town. They have their own brand. I looked them up in the book, and they have Hickory BBQ Sauce, Honey Smoke BBQ Sauce, and Original BBQ Sauce.
- Now I know that Hy-Vee has 3 gluten-free BBQ sauces I can get.
- General Tips for Shopping
- Overview of FALCPA
- Using this Product List
- Symbols Defined
- Limitations of the Guide
- Dairy and Eggs
- Baking Aisle
- Canned and Prepackaged Foods
- Bread, Cereal, Pasta and More
- Baby Food and Formula
- Frozen Foods
- Ingredients Table
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.