- Every year I bring a huge plate of cookies and goodies for my co-workers, Dad's co-workers. I send a tin to Grandma and Grandpa Apel, take a plate for Christmas Eve, and another plate for Christmas Day.
- Last Friday I headed over to my parent's house to decorate my cookies with my mom, sisters and niece. They make fun of me for getting out my pill cutter to cut M&M's for my snowmen's noses. I don't mind. I know it's ridiculous, but 1/2 a small orange M&M makes a wonderful snowman's nose.
- My mom is the Wrapping Nazi. She used to get mad at me for not wrapping presents right. The tape couldn't show. As a kid I would say, "But Mom the tape is clear." If the seam of the paper was cut bad she freaked out. I reminded her of this on the day we decorated cookies. She said, "I'm not like that anymore." :) Maybe my picky decorating with cookies was the result of her being a Wrapping Nazi.
- I'm thinking of letting Mica set the Santa gifts out under the tree this year. I don't want Christmas to be a disappointment now that he knows about the man with the beard. It's like a rite of passage. I still have to talk this over with Dad. He never cared for the whole Santa thing at all. It was more my thing.
- Earlier I was wrapping packages. I was trying to get as much done as possible in one night like usual this time of year. Dad comes from being out and says, "How can I help you?" I tell him what to wrap. He does. I said, "Honey that DVD comes from Santa not Mom and Dad. You'll have to re-wrap it using the other paper." He got huffy and puffy. This folks is why you have to sometimes do things yourself. I was in a good mood before he started helping.
This year I brought in my plate to work. All of my co-workers were thankful - except the 2 that eat the most. One said in the break room not thinking I was listening, "It's about time." Just remember to be thankful. I certainly didn't make the cookies for me. I try my best to not eat, while I bake and decorate. On the flip side, I was super touched by another co-worker that left me a message just to thank me. Do you make Christmas goodies each year?