- My Dad, not my husband (just to be clear) is having heart surgery today. Please send positive vibes towards our family.
I'm nervous because it was supposed to be easier than the last ablation he had. Through scans they found out it's worse. I'm just thankful for modern medicine and procedures today.
- Speaking of my Dad...a long time ago he supposedly put up in the attic Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls she made. For years we couldn't find them. We still can't. My Mom blamed him for purposely losing them, or taking the wrong bag to the Goodwill.
I saw this week that the two dolls were originally made as a symbol as an anti-vaccination. My Mom had Polio a few years before the vaccination came out. She's totally pro vaccinations. This week I told her that must be why Dad lost the dolls she made.
- I sometimes feel guilty not leaving comments on blogs I used to leave comments on.
Then I think about why I don't leave comments on their blog any more. The reason...because they stopped, or never did leave comments on mine. It's too bad because in all cases there was something I enjoyed about their blog. It's not that I always have to have something in return all the time, but sometimes I need a little you scratch my back...and I'll scratch yours to keep going.
It's kind of like having a boyfriend that never wants to see you. Eventually a relationship like that is going to die.
Do you ever feel that way about friends, blogs, or even family?
- My mind has been busy this week. I've been thinking about the Dzhokhar Tsarnaev - Boston Bomber, James Holmes - Batman theater shooter, and Dr. Anthony Garcia who traveled to Omaha to kill 3 people he had issues with in firing him.
I wonder why some trials take so long to go through; when other trials go pretty fast? It seems like the media drops them as fast as they brought them up.
I wonder what messes people up so much that they do heinous acts of crime? Do you blame our lack of help for mental illness?
- In 2007 we had a mall shooting here in Omaha. Robert Hawkins opened fire to kill as many people as he could. There were 8 victims, 5 were wounded, and he killed himself. One of the victim's was my sister's friend's mom.
I remember thinking Why? I was pregnant with Isaak at the time. Here I was bringing a child into this world of violence, and crime.
Once I heard a podcast on Robert Hawkins, and saw his mom on the Dr Phil show I knew why. He was in and out of foster homes during his life, his mom did drugs in front of him, with him, and possibly while she was pregnant with him. He was on and off psychiatric drugs for depression and ADHD. He was an unwanted child.
Anyone that is brought up with no love in their life can and will do unthinkable things.