It comes in a 4.23 ounce bag:
I've used a lot already, but here's a look inside the bag:
What is Ground Vanilla Bean Used For?
- Ground Vanilla Bean is most used for culinary purposes, it gives desserts and baking goods rich and creamy flavor. I plan on using it in fall breads. I often make pumpkin and banana bread to stock in the deep freezer during the fall. It can be used as a substitute for vanilla extract in many recipes.
- Vanilla is perfect to enrich the taste of coffee by adding a teaspoon to the ground coffee before brewing.
- It's used a lot in DIY gifts and Christmas presents.
- It can be used in home-made bug repellents against mosquitoes.
- Often used in cosmetics due to its pleasant scent and antioxidant contents that help fight off free radicals. Vanilla possesses anti-inflammatory properties that help to soothe inflamed areas of the skin.
- Smelling it in is wonderful. I have allergies, and can barely smell. I could smell it every time I've used it.
So far I've only used it in green smoothies. I know many people are turned off by the green. I promise it didn't taste like spinach. It tasted like mango, banana, and vanilla.
Smoothies for a family of 4:
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon of green superfood powder
- A scoop of Vanilla Bean Powder
- 1 cup of frozen mango pieces
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of ice
- Mango juice (amount depends on how thick you like it)
Benefits of Sunny Day Organics' Ground Vanilla Bean:
- Vanilla Bean is high in potassium. Potassium is important for cell and body fluids that help control blood pressure and hear rate.
- Vanilla Bean is high in iron. Iron is important for red blood cell production.
- Vanilla Bean is high in manganese and copper. Manganese and copper are co-factors for the antioxidant enzyme.
- According to USDA, vanilla bean is in the top 10 antioxidant foods.
- Antibacterial properties that help reduce skin infections and encourage wound healing. It can reduce bacteria that cause acne. With Mica and Isaak's skin issues I'm totally excited about this product!
It has relaxing properties.
Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I would probably mix it into smoothies! Sounds like there are a lot of great health benefits.
I love the taste and smell of vanilla. I'd use it in smoothies too!
the smell is fantastic...I can mix it in the muffin dough and it bakes beautifully :)
I wonder if this is anything like the vanilla beans sugar I have had before?
Post a Comment