I have no good pictures of the boys with pumpkins, or a fallish type theme yet. Leaves have just started turning colors here.
I love all things pumpkin. I dislike death. When I think of fall and winter death comes to mind. Grass dies, leaves turn pretty colors, but they fall only to turn brown and crunchy under my feet. Branches are left naked. Daylight is short. Veggies and fruit are slimmer at the store...why because many are dying for the season. Towards the end of winter I'm so sick of eating only bananas, apples, and oranges. At least there are cranberries, pomegranates, and holiday grapes that are out during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Here's some oldie shots of my boys with gourds. Isaak loves gourds because they have texture.
What have we been up to? Like I said I don't have a lot of pictures. We've been busy though. Here's 5 things we've been up to:
- Last night we bought a car. A blue Subaru Outback. We were going to get a Toyota Rav4, but the visibility wasn't as good as the Subaru Outback. So long to our 12 year old Pilot. The boys went to bed at 9 last night because of the paperwork at the dealership. Boo! They might possibly be grouchy today. They could also be happy because they are going to be taken to school in their first new vehicle. I told Mica it was expensive, so he offered me money. LOL
- On Sunday I never got dressed because I was working on my Halloween costume. It won't be as good as my others in the past, but it will be fun. At least it's not something you can go out and buy. I'll be unique.
- On Saturday we celebrated my Mom's birthday. It was big family gathering. I was asked to bring a veggie. I made jack o lantern peppers, with strips of carrots, celery and orange cauliflower stuffed in them, and around them. Plus dip. Apparently at family functions when people ask me to bring a veggie they want a hot veggie to. My bad. My sister was like, "I thought you said you were bringing more than one veggie. I'm like, "I did." There were carrots, celery, cauliflower, and peppers. I swear sometimes I'm like Amelia Bedelia. You have to be specific with me. If you tell me to draw the drapes, I may just draw on them with Sharpies. Luckily she didn't make a big deal out of my lack there of, of veggies. She made green beans. I just felt bad.
- On Friday Travis cleaned our Pilot out to be sold. I made a big dinner. Later we drank root beer - beer and played Scrabble. I won. It was probably the alcohol. I usually never win. It was a landslide win. Spelling was not my strong point in school.
- On Thursday we went to the boy's school. It was a curriculum night for Mica's grade. It didn't go the best, but that's a whole other post. We made a special trip to World Market. Omaha used to have 2 stores, but they've both been gone for quite some time. We got one back again. It's my favorite store, so I'm happy about that. :)
|The beer was good, but it won't be something we drink often. It has too much sugar in it of course. It was a nice mixture of beer and root beer. Source is here.|