- Once when I was in middle school my older sister that was in high school had a serious talk with the parents. Apparently she was 3 wayed.
You know 3 different people on phone lines, and she didn't know about it. She was completely embarrassed that a guy she liked heard her conversation. She was complaining to a friend about it on the phone.
My Mom heard 3 wayed, and thought she was talking about something sexual. My sister quickly found out what a 3 some was. That's not what she did.
- One person from our carpool when I was younger was talking about how a guy combed his hair all the time. For a joke they bought him a bunch of combs to put in his locker. My Mom heard her say, "Condoms" instead of "Combs". That became a bigger issue then it needed to be.
- I referred to someone I know as an "Asshat" - slang for someone that has their head up their butt. When I said it, I surprised myself because "Asshat" sort of sounds like "Asset", which mean pretty much the opposite! Do you think they sound alike?
- So the person above - the Asshat is someone I see almost daily - Monday through Friday. He's not my husband, or my kids. I swear he's been grumpy since school got out! I think he has IMS - (Irritable Male Syndrome). If you don't think it's a thing read here, here and here.
- If someone says, "Cheez-It's" really fast and slur the word it sounds like, "Jesus". If I go to church, and sing a song about Jesus I can replace "Jesus" with Cheez-It's" and no one would really know. Except for me of course.
The next photo is from a long time ago when I got a Cheez-It box of merch to review.
What's something odd that you've misheard, said, or thought?