- My 3rd year students have to do a fast, yet effective flyer for a non profit organization. If they weren't on target they got a zero. No worries they have a chance to bump that zero up. I give them feedback, so they don't have to start from scratch. I had a lot of tears, and pissed off students. Many have the ground work to push off to make a better piece. They were just pissed, and couldn't get passed that yesterday.
There will come a time that they will learn that a boss doesn't always like everything they do. Yesterday was not one of those days.
- I just donated to my nephew Evan's school fundraiser. Can you believe it? The money is going towards his brother/my nephew Emerson. I ordered mixed nuts. Just yesterday I had a student come up wanting me to donate to help with cancer. Then at the grocery store they asked for a donation, for the food pantry.
Where do you draw the line with donations? While I want to donate to many things, I can't always do that. Then I feel guilty when someone asks me to donate, and I answer with a "Not today."
- Did you know 1 billion people on this earth are non believers? The Dali Lama talks about it in The Book of Joy. Do you think that non believers bring negativity into the world? I know a lot of atheists, and some are more positive than people that go to church every Sunday. It's just interesting.
- I got a message that my Aunt's want to get together less because it's just a lot of work. I'm ok with that. It is a lot of work. It gives us more time to spend with our own families. Travis surprised me by being the one that was upset by it. He never had big family get togethers often when he was growing up. He has to deal with it of course.
- Have you started Christmas shopping? I buy things things throughout the year, so there are things stuff away here and there.
I got Isaak this keyboard when Toy R Us was closing.
Then I've gotten things for my nephews. For some reason I'm excited about these Guidecraft blocks filled with beads I found for Emerson. A school store was closing here, so I got them 30% off. Otherwise I would not have gotten them at all.