Maybe it's bad, but I didn't tell Daddy that Tofu was in his smoothie until he tried it.
He doesn't usually like tofu. This time he liked it, so I told him. I wanted something that had a lot of good things in it because Isaak's been on a feeding, drinking strike. He's had a slight fever for two days and has been pretty moody.
- 6 ounces soft tofu
- 1 medium banana (Mine was frozen and sliced)
- 2/3 cup milk (I used cows milk this time. I was thinking of using almond milk)
- 1 cup blueberries (Mine were frozen)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 -3 ice cubes (Optional)
**I thought about adding probiotics to Isaak's smoothie since he's been under the weather. I didn't because he hasn't been drinking much. I thought that he may not finish his. As it turns out, he didn't finish it. I'm going to add that usually Isaak's a good eater. He really just doesn't feel good.
- Drain the soft tofu to remove excess water.
- You can use fresh fruit, but it will make the smoothie more runny.
- Blend the banana, tofu and milk for 30 seconds.
- Add the
frozen blueberries, honey and ice cubes and process until smooth.
Don't feel bad. I do the same thing :) When I made zucchini bread for the first time I had to call it cinnamon bread (there's tablespoon worth in it) before two of my kids would even try it. Now it's one of their favs. Now the other trouble I have is if/when my 18 yo asks what I am making and watches...He never knew what homemade sloppy joes had in it so the brown sugar really through him for a loop. Haha.
I use the kefir in my smoothies. It tastes like a yogurt drink.
Frozen blueberries are so good in them....
Post a Comment