Most of our meals are home cooked. Daddy's peels veggies to steam on one counter, and I peel veggies on the other counter to make a salad. We use peelers a lot in our kitchen.
Either both peelers are in use, or both peelers are dirty.
I just got a fancy peeler to review. It's Dual Julienne and Vegetable Peeler made by: Priority Chef.
I've never used such a fancy peeler. All the peelers I've ever used have been a side peeler. It did take me a minute to get used to something that has different sides, and peels from the front. Once I got the hang of it, it was handy. I know I wouldn't let Mica or Isaak use it. Mica peels his own veggies sometimes. We haven't attempted this step with Isaak. It's very sharp. Certainly an adult utensil.
- One side of the kitchen tool has a vegetable peeler that can peel in both directions.
- The other side has a julienne tool that create julienned vegetables in seconds.
You can peel in thin slices, big slices, and it has a little thing on the side that will remove eyes out of potatoes.
The Priority Chef dual julienne and vegetable peeler has ultra sharp blades and can peel vegetables quicker than ever.
- The tool is made of stainless steel.
- Is dishwasher safe, although it will last longer if it is washed by hand. I did think it was a little difficult to wash. Peelings were stuck in the sharp blades.
- Included with the purchase is an eBook that gives instructions, and a list of recipes to get started.
- It's $19.95, but on sale for $9.95 on Amazon.
Then I've used it to peel, and make carrot ribbons for a stir fry. I'm big into throwing carrots, onion, snap peas, and pepper in a pan with a little oil, adding raw cashews, and a little ginger for a quick side. It's good, and takes little time to do it.
What kind of peeler do you have?
A) A Front One - Like the one shown with different capabilities
B) A Side One - With only peeling as an option
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.