- Every year we get a few students that go by something totally different
than their name. This year we have a Samuel that goes by Mason and a
Maria that goes by Gabbie. I could see Samuel going by Sam, or Sammy,
but Mason? There's nothing wrong with Gabbie, or Mason it's just so
different from their given names. Maybe Gabbie and Mason are their
My cousin married a guy named Ryan. She didn't know up until they got engaged that his name was actually David Ryan. She didn't have a clue what to put on the invites, and programs. I said, "Just put his whole name on there. People will figure it out."
Why not name them what you want them to be called?
- I always have 1 or 2 students that look so similar to past students we've had. I have to do a double take.
- Our garden did very well this year. Every night some processing needs to be done.
Did you grow anything this year? We have tomatoes, corn, zucchini, kale, collard greens, snap peas, beets, and some spices.
- We decided to do away with the friend birthday party this year. If you remember Isaak only had 1 friend show up to his party. We do so much at the family party anyhow. Instead Mica got to choose two friends to go to a special place.
He chose to go to a movie. They they are coming over for cake and ice cream. I told the parents that gifts are not necessary. It's more about doing something special, than getting things.
- My nephew Emerson got a new big boy bed. I'm steeling this picture from my sister's FB page.
I'm sure some of you have never seen a bed for a special needs child before. It's made to keep him safe.