I made it for Christmas.
I cheated and bought 2 pastry crusts at Whole Foods. Laying pie crust down has never been my thing.
I also bought:
- 1 eggplant
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 bag of mixed colored carrots
- Olive oil
- Greek yogurt
- Dijon Mustard
- Start out with your crust. Spread Greek yogurt on it until it covers the bottom of the crust.
- Spread a soup spoon full of Dijon Mustard and sort of mix into the yogurt.
- Sprinkle sage on next.
- Wash and scrub the veggies. *Do not peel the skin off the veggies. Peel the veggies length wise in long strips.
- Start making a coil of veggies in the crust. Keep it as tight as possible. The carrots are the easiest to peel, but the hardest to coil. They want to coil on their own in a different direction.
- Sprinkle with Olive Oil, salt, and pepper. You could sprinkle with garlic salt. That would taste good to!
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, or until veggies turn a little more brown. You want it to be soft enough to cut. My oven bakes slow. We had to bake ours for 45 minutes.
- Cut with a sharp knife.
Wow, that came out awesome. I have never seen anything like that before.
I have never seen this before, it looks beautiful! I'd probably mess this recipe up.
it looks beautiful! And I bet it tastes yummy as I love vegetables... I don't know whether I can get this roulade neatly done as you did :)
Wow! That is amazing and healthy. It is really a wonderful picture and the most unique food item I have seen ALL YEAR!
That looks so cool!
So glad you shared it with us :)
I might need to give that a whirl. That's beautiful.
It's so colorful! I haven't heard of this before, but I bet it tastes amazing!
Wow! That's amazing! So impressed!
That looks so colorful! I haven't seen a pie like that before.
This sounds great and is SO pretty! I love finding new veggie options :)
Well that is really a cool way to do vegetables.
Wow this looks great, yum.. would love to try :)
Post a Comment