- My husband is still looking for a job. Every place he's applied at is interested, but not hiring. That seems to be the way it goes. He's seeing a temp agency that specifically deals with his type of trade. One thing that's nice is that he's not closed to trying other things. He worked at a dental lab, and has applied to more progressive labs. He's also applied to Scheels, Costco, and is going to apply to Oriental Trading Company just because we've heard they are good places to work. Other things he'd love to do he's applied to: Jewelery Stores (to make jewelery), and steel manufacturers. Then I told him to apply to places that make grave stones. That sounds morbid, but he can sandblast, so it would be something he could do, and would probably like doing. The job he really wants is to work for Artifact Bag Company. The guy is super nice. He did a Ted talk. He's grown really fast. He's interested in Travis' skills, but is so busy. He said he could put his name down on unemployment, and he wants to meet up with him after he gets back from a trade show in DC. But then he didn't tell him when he'd get back. I hope that works out for him.
- Neither of us have ever applied for unemployment. If you ever have to fill it out, get advice on filling it out. He apparently put that he was fired on one form, and on another that he was dismissed. Apparently they mean 2 different things. We have to wait an extra 4 to 6 weeks to get benefits. 1 means you screwed up at your job, while the other means you ran out of work. His is that his boss ran the business into the ground, and he couldn't afford to pay him. I can't even tell you the difference between getting fired and dismissed. I'd have to ask all over again. He was inconsistent on the forms, which held him back on the benefits. I do like that he's filling all that out though. It keeps him recording what he's doing.
- Dad's back is getting better. We were thinking he would need to see a doctor because it's hurt for a week now. Yesterday it started feeling better. His family has loads of back problems. Truth be told I have way worse posture than he does. I should be the one with back problems.
- I did love getting an email this week from Google saying, "We owe you $100 for hits on your blog." Hey any little bit of money counts. I never really blogged for the money. It started out as just a modern day baby book; that led into much more.
- The weather has been mixed up here. 1/2 a week is frigid, then the rest of the week is in the 30's, or 40's.
What is is like where you live right now?