Yesterday was a bad day for him. I only get stories without names.
- The 20 something year old person he was working with had a lot of struggles in life. He apparently wasn't treated very well as a child. :( He threw a temper tantrum in the bathroom - banging his hands on the walls. Of course my husband went in to talk with him.
- While my husband was working with his other 20 something year old girl, the boy twisted up his glasses. Then he couldn't see the rest of the day.
- The boy had to go in the quiet room twice.
- The van ride to drop them off was equally frustrating. The 2 facilitators weren't there when the boy was dropped off. They had to wait. Waiting was hard on the girl. She kept wanting to take her seat belt off when they were on the road. You know how the seat belt locks up when you only put it on 1/2 way? It kept doing that. My husband was beyond frustrated.
- He's annoyed that he had 2 weeks of training, but the training wasn't anything about trying to work with people that have special needs. It was more learning CPR, how to chart, lingo on charting, and so on.
- Speaking of charting...the system hasn't worked for him all week. He's like, "How am I supposed to chart if I can't even get into the system with my password? No one will help me. They look at me like I'm doing something wrong." Go figure that a top person tried to help him, and couldn't.
- He's annoyed that he was hired as an art instructor, and is barely doing any art. If all of the individuals he was working with were high functioning he'd be happy. While there are a few that are high functioning, many are not.
- He's annoyed that he's not always sure when he's going to get off work. Yesterday he had scheduled to go fix a sculpture with another artist in the area. It was going on 6:30, and he was supposed to be there by then. Next week he has a speech/PowerPoint to give for an art show, and hopes he gets there on time! Later this month I have to be at work for a Portfolio Review Night. The thought has crossed my mind, What if my husband isn't back in time to watch the kids?
I'm worried about him. The disappointment, the sense of failure when you didn't do anything wrong, and the job loss if it gets that bad.
Sometimes I wish life came with a handbook.